Exploring, Discovering, Learning

I want to make the Past, both History and Prehistory, more exciting, relevant and 'hands-on'. It's a fun place with some great stories, I want to share these with everyone.I work with schools, museums, community groups, either at their place or outdoors in the Landscape.
I develop and deliver projects. I create resources. Exploring the Past and our shared heritage, bridging the divide and Discovering the links between these artefacts, sites or museum and Us. I try to put objects back in context, helping people Learn about the past. I use objects, both orginal and replica, costume, crafts and role play, in other words - Living History.

I'm a member of a small group of like-minded people - The Deja Crew


ps - I personally do not collect any data from this blog. However I know Google does, particularly through Google Analytics - please contact them if you want to know more.

Thursday 7 June 2012

Discovery Visits 2012

The Discovery Visit season for English Heritage is off to a fine start.  Despite the Winter closures we've had half a dozen groups already.  There have been a couple of changes, there's only myself delivering the workshop now and the 'Discovery Visit' is only available at Housesteads, there are now different arrangements for Chesters.  However your school can still book for

Meet a Roman Soldier - Housesteads


Explore Roman military life and discover how the building of Hadrian's Wall affected the local population in remarkably different ways. Meet Roman Officer Centurion Maximus and discover what life was like on the frontier. Take on the role of a recruit and be taken through duties using drama and role play. Recruits will tour both inside the fort and the remains of the settlement beyond, using replica and real artefacts found near Hadrian’s Wall to find out about the lives of the soldiers and civilians who lived at Housesteads
for details and how to book



For educational visits to Chesters Roman Fort, there is the option of working with me as an 'Approved Educational Provider'.  Contact English Heritage directly on the new Bookings Number 0870 333 0606
they will pass on my contact details and we can arrange your sessions
(please note: the prices quoted on the EH website do not apply to workshops arranged this way)

No comments:

Post a Comment