Exploring, Discovering, Learning

I want to make the Past, both History and Prehistory, more exciting, relevant and 'hands-on'. It's a fun place with some great stories, I want to share these with everyone.I work with schools, museums, community groups, either at their place or outdoors in the Landscape.
I develop and deliver projects. I create resources. Exploring the Past and our shared heritage, bridging the divide and Discovering the links between these artefacts, sites or museum and Us. I try to put objects back in context, helping people Learn about the past. I use objects, both orginal and replica, costume, crafts and role play, in other words - Living History.

I'm a member of a small group of like-minded people - The Deja Crew


ps - I personally do not collect any data from this blog. However I know Google does, particularly through Google Analytics - please contact them if you want to know more.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

from Slave to Evocatus...

... in one weekend!

On Sunday I was Rufus, a slave to Bellicus the Master Potter at Coria (Corbridge).  Gosh it was cold, I did wish my Master could have issued bracae to go with the thin linen tunic, the locals wear them, why shouldn't I.  Still slaves can't choose to follow fashion.

The next day back to being Rufus Aelius, Evocatus and Signaller for the beacon lighting celbration at Arbeia Roman Fort, much warmer!

Didn't get a photo (it was dark), but here's the link   http://www.enews-twmuseums.info/microsite/flyer.php?nid=674 

No comments:

Post a Comment