Exploring, Discovering, Learning

I want to make the Past, both History and Prehistory, more exciting, relevant and 'hands-on'. It's a fun place with some great stories, I want to share these with everyone.I work with schools, museums, community groups, either at their place or outdoors in the Landscape.
I develop and deliver projects. I create resources. Exploring the Past and our shared heritage, bridging the divide and Discovering the links between these artefacts, sites or museum and Us. I try to put objects back in context, helping people Learn about the past. I use objects, both orginal and replica, costume, crafts and role play, in other words - Living History.

I'm a member of a small group of like-minded people - The Deja Crew


ps - I personally do not collect any data from this blog. However I know Google does, particularly through Google Analytics - please contact them if you want to know more.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

10th July - Roman Victory at the Railway

The Roman invasion of Darlington’s Head of Steam Museum was a complete success on Sunday 10th July with over 480 visitors. Roma Antiqua re-enactment group were on hand to demonstrate Roman life as well as ‘Maximus Scratchius’ from Svensons Fleas Circus, Graham the Potter and Roy the Roman. The Piercebridge divers gave an excellent lecture about the artefacts recovered from the River Tees and visitors could also read about Piercebridge Roman Fort. For the lucky few who booked early in the day, a special vintage bus took visitors to the Fort for a guided tour by Durham County Archaeologist Dr. David Mason.
or so said the offical news update (see http://www.darlington.gov.uk/Leisure/headofsteam/news/news.htm)  

Another busy day making Roman Dog-tags so we didn't lose any of our new recruits, although after trying on armour and tasting fish sauce some of them were regretting their decision to sign up for 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment