Exploring, Discovering, Learning

I want to make the Past, both History and Prehistory, more exciting, relevant and 'hands-on'. It's a fun place with some great stories, I want to share these with everyone.I work with schools, museums, community groups, either at their place or outdoors in the Landscape.
I develop and deliver projects. I create resources. Exploring the Past and our shared heritage, bridging the divide and Discovering the links between these artefacts, sites or museum and Us. I try to put objects back in context, helping people Learn about the past. I use objects, both orginal and replica, costume, crafts and role play, in other words - Living History.

I'm a member of a small group of like-minded people - The Deja Crew


ps - I personally do not collect any data from this blog. However I know Google does, particularly through Google Analytics - please contact them if you want to know more.

Monday 31 March 2014

Discovery Visits are running at Housesteads

April is the start of the Discovery Visits at Housesteads, Victor the Veteran will be there tomorrow for the first 'Meet a Roman Soldier' workshop.  I'll be running them all Summer, if you want more details use this link - Meet a Roman Soldier - it takes you to the EH page, you will need to book these workshops through English Heritage, the booking information is on the right of the page.
I know it says "meet with Roman Officer Centurion Maximus", but he's been posted elsewhere!

Rufus Aelius Victor with some recent voluntari

I am listed with English Heritage as an "Approved Educational Provider", so I can offer this workshop at other sites, but the arrangements are different, please contact me for details.

Roy
mob:  07960 125218  (please leave a message, Romans' can't always answer the phone!)
e-mail:  rlwsn@btinternet.com


No comments:

Post a Comment